February 27, 2008

Anderson Valley's Hop-Ottin' IPA -- Six Beers


I didn't write a review of this beer while I was drinking it ('cause I was drinking a lot of it), but apparently I managed to take a couple of pictures of the bottles while I was drinking it, so I figured I'd do a review of it anyways. And I can do a review of this one from memory.

This beer is fantastic. Absolutely fan-freaking-tastic. It is one of the hoppiest beers I have ever tasted--and good, real IPA hops, with "a bite like a rattlesnake"--but nowhere near soapy. Not even close. It is so perfectly blended with gentle, smooth malt, that it comes off thick and rich, while still having that refreshingly bitter bite that makes me want to sit out on the porch with six of these, and watch the sun go down after a hard day's work... Seriously. Never have I ever seen an IPA so dark, nor tasted one so fresh and light. It's a perfect beer, made for hop-heads and gentler-of-palate beer drinkers alike, even for first time beer drinkers that 'til now have thought that beer is gross. Second (and a very very close one) only to Anderson Valley's Winter Solstice; and points for being available year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment